Sunday, October 14, 2012

An Endless Ration of Fashion

I have always had a fervency towards fashion and how it has evolved throughout history. Its ever-changing attribute strengthens my mental appetite to zero in on the industry.

Paris, France is the metropolis of fashion. All of the trends and styles that are present in America originate from the "City of Love." Everyone in Paris dresses to impress, and would never be caught in a pair of tattered Uggs (unlike the Frisch female student body ;) Paris is the one place where one can dress as daringly as one wants and get away with it.

How exactly did Paris reach such a culmination in the fashion world and how has that high status been maintained for years? That is something for me to know and for you readers to find out soon! Having emerged as Paris' most renown hat-maker and fashion designer in the 1920's, Gabrielle Bonheur Chanel (aka Coco Chanel) is my fashion idol and I adore every creation she has ever designed. I am currently reading her biography, which will serve as the basis for my future posts because she was and still is a vital component to the realm of couture.

Because I covet fashion's striking transformations, I plan to study the notable styles of different decades of the past. I will be able to pinpoint the history of fashion and Paris as the fashion capital through Chanel's biography and additional sources. I am so thrilled to begin my research on an icon and the city that made her big.

1 comment: